So what do you do when Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday?
Double your pleasure by celebrating to your heart’s content on the weekend before AND the weekend after. Here’s a curated look at some romantic outings in the Ohio Valley.
• That’s amore! Taste some super Italian reds at Good Mansion, 95 14th St., Wheeling, 6 p.m. Feb. 9. Then, go back to toast your love at a special Valentine’s Day Tasting, 6 p.m. Feb. 16. Impress your date with luscious reds, sparkling whites and French chocolate desserts, along with cheeses and baguettes. 304-233-2632.
• Swoon to some classic and contemporary love songs. The Victoria Jamboree, 1228 Market St., Wheeling, presents its 23rd annual Valentine show at 7 p.m. Feb. 9. And who doesn’t love “Elvis”? 304-233-7464.
• “Always a Woman,” “She’s Got a Way,” “Scenes From an Italian Restaurant,” “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” … Relive the romantic songs of your life, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, with the music of Billy Joel and Elton John performed by Jeans ’n Classics and the Wheeling Symphony Orchestra at the Capitol Theatre in Wheeling. Make it an even more special evening with dinner for two prior to the show. 304-232-6191.
• Early date night. Drop your kids off at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9, at the Schrader Center at Oglebay Park for a night of fun and educational games, live animals, dinner and a night hike. Then off you go to a romantic dinner for two or a hike through the park … or whatever …. before you retrieve your tired but happy kids at 8:30 p.m. 304-242-6855.
• Feathering your love nest? Look for inspiration while you walk hand-in-hand around the Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce Home & Garden Show, Feb. 9-11 at WesBanco Arena, Wheeling. 304-233-4470.
• Warm your heart with the Art of Wine Valentine’s Dinner, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Live music and a five-course dinner with wine pairings can be enjoyed at the intimate living room at the Stifel Fine Arts Center in Wheeling. It’s sold out, so consider yourself lucky if you already have reservations.
• Show some love to your pet. “I Love My Pet” Valentine pet pictures, 1-4 p.m. Feb. 10 at Petco at The Highlands, Triadelphia. 304-547-0807.
• Woo at the Zoo: Meerkats do it. Squirrels do it. Red Pandas do it. Learn how animals at the Oglebay Good Zoo, Wheeling, express affection for each other at this educational adults-only event. Woo at the Zoo: Valentine’s Brunch is set for 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 10. 304-243-4100.
• Tea for two? The Eckhart House, 810 Main St., Wheeling, is hosting a Valentine Tea Luncheon at noon Feb. 10. Treat your sweetie to tea sandwiches, fruit, scones with sweet cream and jam, confections and gourmet tea. 304-232-5439.
• Love is in the air on Feb. 10 at Black Sheep Vineyard in Adena when Miller Smith & Mazure play some of the greatest love songs of the last 50 years. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. 740-546-3741.
• For something out of this world … “My Bloody Valentine Ghost Hunt” hosted by Bellaire House Tours, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 1699 Belmont St., Bellaire. Join the spirits of the Bellaire House for a ghost hunt. Overnight guest couples check into a haunted bedroom, are served a catered dinner then take part in a “spiritual connection” in the Psychic Parlor. General admission guests depart at 2 a.m., while overnight guests can continue to investigate. 740-579-1841.
• Take a trip on the Luv Boat with Mystery Theatre Unlimited for love, music, comedy and murder! Love is in the air and on the water as the theater company presents “Murder on the Luv Boat,” 5:30 p.m. Feb. 17, at River City. 304-233-4555.
• For lovebirds, check out the Great Backyard Bird Count. Bundle up and join with other bird watchers to count birds. Stop by the Schrader Center at Oglebay Park anytime between 10 a.m. and noon Feb. 17. 304-242-6855.
• Jazz up the weekend with The Jenny Wilson Jazz Trio and gourmet desserts at the annual ArtsLink Valentine Concert at the Gold Derrick Gallery on Wells Street, Sistersville. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17 with a pre-performance chat, and the 7:30 p.m. concert includes a smorgasbord of tempting desserts. 304-455-2278.
• And there’s probably nothing more romantic than that pottery scene in “Ghost” … Join Adam and Beth at Sculpt N’ Gulp 6-9 p.m. Feb. 17 at the East Wheeling Clay Works, 747 Market St., Wheeling. Reserve your spot on Facebook.