Imagine working in the peaceful rolling hills of Ohio County with great benefits and a friendly working environment only a 15-20 minute drive from Wheeling.
Weelunk hears from a lot of “ex-pats” who follow our stories. Some express an interest in moving back, but “no job opportunities” is always the deciding factor in staying put. Just as we do in celebrating the great people and the positive goings-on in the “New Wheeling,” we are now sharing job listings that we feel can help make an impact on our revitalization.
Here are two of those jobs from West Liberty University:
West Liberty University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the area of clinical psychology.
• Candidates should possess the credentials and experience to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in general and clinical psychology.
• Candidates for this position must be licensed or license-eligible in West Virginia. A doctorate in psychology is required; ABD candidates may be considered. Prior supervisory and teaching experience is preferred. The ability to teach a wide range of courses will be an asset.
• Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package. Anticipated starting date is August 2019.
CAMPUS POLICE OFFICER:
• Full-time, 12–months, benefits-eligible, non-exempt staff position.
• Supports the University by establishing and maintaining a safe atmosphere for the faculty, staff, students and visitors by providing police and security services. Ensures the safety and security of the college community and facilities by physically patrolling the campus, designated surrounding properties and areas within jurisdiction, and by enforcing federal, state and local laws, and ordinances and institutional security regulations and procedures. Exercises general law enforcement authority to protect persons and property from injury, harm or damage.
• Provides general law enforcement. Monitors and enforces traffic laws and regulations on campus and surrounding jurisdictional areas, enforces campus parking regulations, and issues state citations and campus tickets for violations in accordance with established laws and procedures.
• Identifies, apprehends, arrests and assists in the prosecution of persons who commit crimes.
• Must be available for all shifts, subject to change at any time.
• Patrols campus checking buildings for deficiencies that make the institution vulnerable to criminal acts.
• Performs patrols during special events, such as athletic events.
• Directs traffic before, during and after these events. Provides crowd control which can include subduing large numbers of people.
Enforces all federal, state, local and university laws, regulations and policies.
• Make arrests in accordance with departmental policies.
• Investigates criminal and traffic-related complaints, in addition to general complaints.
• Testifies in court as necessary.
• Watches for hazards and other dangerous or damaging situations.
• Administers first aid and provides and arranges necessary transportation.
• Provides police escorts as needed to protect property and people.
• Assists other law enforcement agencies, EMS and fire department as needed.
• Completes related duties as assigned or directed.
• Must be a West Virginia (LEPS) certified or be able to acquire a West Virginia equivalency certification within one year.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws.
• Knowledge of firearm safety.
• Must possess or be eligible to obtain a West Virginia state driver’s license.
• CPR training (required within 6 months of hire)
• First-aid training (required within 6 months of hire)
• Must maintain law enforcement certification.
• Basic computer skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Associate’s degree (However, any equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable that provides an applicant the abilities and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.)
• Up to six months
West Liberty University is a smal, comprehensive institution under the auspices of the Higher Education Policy Commission. The university is a four-year public university and West Virginia’s oldest institution of higher education. Situated on a picturesque hilltop just 10 miles from Wheeling, WLU is in a small market metro with a rich heritage. Living costs are low, cultural opportunities are many, and public parks and schools make it a great place to live, work and raise a family. WLU features a main campus and a nearby satellite campus, located at The Highlands Shopping Complex. Both locations are minutes from the Pennsylvania and Ohio borders, offering easy access to major airports, shopping, dining and entertainment.
Interested individuals are to apply and submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness (if applicable) and copies of all transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work to: http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/westlibertyedu.
West Liberty University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. Individuals who need assistance in the application process may contact Sue Garrison, HR assistant III, at 304-336-8029 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (do not apply to this email)