West Virginia Northern Community College has launched a new app, WVNCC GO, making it easier for students and the community to connect with the college.
The app is available in the App Store and Google Play. In addition to the app, WVNCC recently launched a complete redesign of its website, www.wvncc.edu, which includes a new look and enhanced user-friendly experience.
The app was made possible through the WVNCC Foundation and focuses on events and news at WVNCC. It also allows users to connect quickly with college faculty and staff and easily provides locations for its New Martinsville and Weirton Campuses as well as all five buildings located on the Wheeling Campus.
“The app will really help us engage and connect with students even more,” said David Barnhardt, WVNCC director of marketing and public relations. “The app is another excellent example of WVNCC’s commitment to communication and student success and will lead to a more engaging college experience.”
Users to the website will notice dramatic changes, including the ability for WVNCC to display interesting photos at the top of the page along with the most important news and happenings. The new site includes a responsive design so that users get the same experience whether using a PC, tablet or phone.
Additional changes include:
Subscribe to Weelunk
• Buttons at the top of the page, within the banner, making it easier for future students to apply, schedule a tour or request information.
• Prominently displayed WVNCC programs of study.
• Events and news highlighted on the homepage.
• The latest statistics on why people should attend WVNCC, such as how much money is awarded in scholarships, student to faculty ratios, what percentage of students receive financial aid and more.
• A new tab on the homepage in the header that provides critical information for future students as well as current students.
• A Student Life tab highlights the robust student activities, clubs and athletics WVNCC offers.
• A page to support WVNCC through the foundation as well as a page for alumni.
“With our website being one of our most essential marketing tools, it is imperative we continually evolve the user experience and design,” added Barnhardt. “In addition to the dynamic design and content, the new site makes it much easier for future and current students to navigate their college experience.”
Both the app and website were designed by TSG, located in Triadelphia, in partnership with WVNCC’s marketing department.