Escape into the fascinating world of horticulture on Saturday, April 27, for an afternoon of free educational programming on herbs, succulents, combo gardens, miniature gardens and hypertufa containers led by Oglebay’s Master Gardeners.
In addition to these free horticulture programs, guests can enroll in a Build Your Own Terrarium Workshop for $35 per person.
Schedule of Events:
11 a.m. — Bissonnette Garden Tour
1:30 p.m. — Build Your Own Terrarium Workshop — $35 per person
1:30 p.m. — Herb Workshop
2 p.m. — Succulents & Tillandsia
2:30 p.m. — Designing Combo Containers
3 p.m. — Fantasy Miniature Gardens
3:30 p.m. — Creating Hypertufa Containers
• Bissonnette Garden Tour: In the early 1900s, The Hilltop was adorned with lush gardens known as Waddington Gardens. Today, these beautiful gardens have been recreated through a variety of floral displays known as the Bissonnette Gardens. Join us on this guided garden tour as we stroll together down the meandering red brick pathways and enjoy the colorful spring flowers in bloom. Tour departs from the Palm Room.
• Build Your Own Terrarium Workshop: In this one-hour program, you’ll make your very own terrarium. Cost is $35 per person, and reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made by calling 304-243-4098. Program takes place at Oglebay’s Garden Bistro.
• Herb Workshop: Learn how to utilize herbs for culinary and ornamental purposes in your garden. Program takes place at the Herb Garden adjacent to Oglebay’s Palm Room.
Subscribe to Weelunk
• Succulents & Tillandsia: It’s no surprise succulents and tillandsias are surging in popularity. Join us as we demonstrate some unique ways to display these must have plants. Program takes place at the Herb Garden adjacent to Oglebay’s Palm Room.
• Designing Combo Containers: Join us for an educational session about outdoor container design for sun and shade, container gardening best practices and new plant ideas for spring. Program takes place at the Herb Garden adjacent to Oglebay’s Palm Room.
• Fantasy Miniatures Gardens: In this interactive workshop, gardening experts will demonstrate how to design the perfect miniature garden complete with structures, plants and accessories. Created and tended with love, this tiny world is limited only by your imagination. Program takes place at the Herb Garden adjacent to Oglebay’s Palm Room.
• Creating Hypertufa Containers: Bring an industrial edge to your garden with DIY hypertufa containers. In this workshop you’ll learn how to bring the look of stone to your garden with your own hypertufa container. Program takes place at the Herb Garden adjacent to Oglebay’s Palm Room.
For those wishing to immerse themselves in a weekend-long horticulture experience, Oglebay is offering a two-night Gardener’s Escape package April 26-28 which includes the following amenities:
Overnight accommodations at Wilson Lodge April 26-28
Mountaineer Buffet Breakfast each morning
Exclusive Bee Workshop on April 26
Access to horticulture programming led by Oglebay’s Master Gardeners on April 27
Admission to the Build Your Own Terrarium Workshop on April 27
Exclusive Farm to Fork Dinner prepared by Oglebay’s Executive Chef on April 27
Additional information on Oglebay’s free horticulture programming and two-night Gardener’s Escape overnight package, visit Oglebay’s website.