West Virginia Public Broadcasting and the Wheeling Academy of Law and Science Foundation will host a community meeting at 6 p.m., Wednesday, June 27, to discuss the workforce landscapes of the Ohio Valley and gather community insight on the hopes and ambitions, challenges and gaps, as well as to find a path toward a healthier economy.
Also during the meeting, which will be at the First State Capital Building, 1413 Eoff St. in Wheeling, WVPB will screen some workforce development videos that are in the works. Producers will be seeking feedback.
In attendance to discuss various opportunities and challenges will be:
· Pat Ford, executive director, Business Development Corporation of the Northern Panhandle
· Leslie Waechter, human resources director, Ziegenfelder Frozen Treat Co.
· Lori Jones, executive director, YWCA
· Wendy Scatterday, Wheeling City Council representative
· Alex Weld, WVPB Friends Board, Wheeling Heritage
· Larry Tackett, vice president of Economic and Workforce Development, Northern Community College
· Zach Abraham, principal and co-founder of AlignHR, LLC, will moderate the discussion
Subscribe to Weelunk
The meeting is open to the public, members of the media are encouraged to attend, and refreshments will be served.
The Wheeling Academy of Law and Science Foundation is a nonprofit corporation established in 2004 to promote educational programming and consulting in the areas of education, employment, energy, and the environment; and, in doing so, to promote local economic opportunity, employment, and job creation in the city of Wheeling and state of West Virginia.
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is a statewide public media resource promoting education, news and public affairs, emergency services and economic development on the radio, television and online at wvpublic.org. Its mission is to educate, inform and inspire our people by telling West Virginia’s story.