Wheeling Jesuit University alumni from the 2019 reunion classes have selected 12 of their peers or mentors for induction into the Hall of Honor during Alumni Weekend, set for June 21-23.
Created by the university’s Alumni Council, the Hall of Honor (HOH) provides alumni with a voice to recognize former classmates, faculty and staff for their contributions to their profession, society and the greater WJU community. This year’s inductees are:
• The Rev. Edward Gannon, S.J. — former faculty member, selected by the Class of 1959
• Amelia Potesta-Weber — Class of 1964
• Timothy Cogan — Class of 1969
• John Giese — Class of 1974
• Lale Front Virostek — Class of 1979
• Bruce Brubaker — Class of 1984
• Elizabeth Kniska Keyes— Class of 1989
• Dr. Benjamin Stout — former faculty member, selected by the Class of 1994
• Jason Culley — Class of 1999
• Kelly Swan — Class of 2004
• Valerie Grimes Piko — Class of 2009
• Donald Luke Kopp — Class of 2014
The 2019 Hall of Honor induction marks the 10th year each anniversary class has had the opportunity to nominate and induct one person. While WJU has several awards given to alumni, only those graduates celebrating a reunion determine the selection of Hall of Honor inductees.
“Congratulations to the 2019 Hall of Honor inductees. This year’s HOH class has representatives from business, education, social services, research, health care and public service. We look forward to honoring each of these deserving individuals during Alumni Weekend,” said Joe Munhall ’93, president of Alumni Council.
Members of the Hall of Honor will be recognized at the Alumni Recognition and Awards Dinner Saturday, June 22, as part of this year’s Alumni Weekend. The names of this year’s HOH class will be placed on the monument located outside of Swint Hall.